Company Information

  

Address: 2560 ORCHARD PARKWAY  
City: SAN JOSE 
State: CA 
Zip Code: 95131 
Telephone: 408-738-1500 

Description of Business

Primary SIC Code: 3842
(As filed with the SEC)  

Align Technology, Inc ("We", "Our", "Align") designs, manufactures and markets a system of clear aligner therapy, intraoral scanners and CAD/CAM (computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing) digital services used in dentistry, orthodontics, and dental records storage. Align Technology was founded in March 1997 and incorporated in Delaware in April 1997. Our headquarters is located at 2560 Orchard Parkway, San Jose, California 95131, and our telephone number is 408-470-1000. Our internet address is www.aligntech.com. Our international headquarters is located in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. We have two operating segments: (1) Clear Aligner and (2) Scanners and Services ("Scanner"). For the year ended December 31, 2016, Clear Aligner revenues represent approximately 89% of worldwide revenue, while Scanner represent the remaining 11% of worldwide revenues.  ... More ...  

Per Share Overview

Date 12-mos Rolling EPS Dividend P/E Ratio
06/20172.92NA51.41
03/20172.68NA42.80
12/20162.33NA41.26
09/20162.34NA40.06
06/20162.05NA39.29
03/20161.83NA39.72
12/20151.77NA37.20
09/20151.65NA34.40

Key Financial Ratios and Statistics

FYE: 12/31

Profitability 2016 Leverage 2016
Net Inc/Comm Equity0.22Total Liab/Total Assets0.29
Net Inc/Total Assets0.14Total Liab/Inv Cap0.38
Net Inc/Inv Cap0.18Total Liab/Comm Equity0.46
Pretax Inc/Net Sales0.22Interest Coverage RatioNA
Net Inc/Net Sales0.18Curr Debt/EquityNA
Cash Flow/Net Sales0.23LTD/EquityNA
SG&A/NetSales0.45Total Debt/EquityNA
Asset Utilization   Liquidity  
Net Receivables Turnover5.32Quick Ratio2.61
Inventory Turnover11.36Current Ratio2.69
Inventory Day Sales0.03Net Rec/Curr Assets0.26
Net Sales/Work Cap1.80Inv/Curr Assets0.03
Net Sales/PP&E6.16  

Income Statement (Millions)

  6/30/2017 3/31/2017 12/31/2016 9/30/2016
Total Revenues(Net Sales) 356.48 310.34 293.20 278.59
Cost of Goods Sold 85.57 74.72 72.95 69.39
Selling & Admin Exps 162.96 151.15 130.27 126.71
Operating Income 83.57 61.67 68.37 62.08
Interest Exp NA NA NA NA
Pretax Income 86.78 63.32 60.86 63.54
Other Income NA NA NA NA
Net Income Bef Extraordinary ... NA NA NA NA
Net Income 69.18 69.42 47.62 51.37

Balance Sheet (Millions)

Assets 6/30/2017 3/31/2017 12/31/2016 9/30/2016
Cash & Short Term Investments 601.97 545.59 640.26 612.97
Receivables - Total 291.69 267.13 247.42 244.99
Inventories - Total 35.13 35.17 27.13 26.34
Total Current Assets 1,003.22 918.17 952.98 911.77
Net Property, Plant & Equipment 255.54 231.69 175.17 172.66
Total Assets 1,551.19 1,459.29 1,396.15 1,358.89
Liabilities        
Accounts Payable 204.79 162.66 162.93 165.64
Debt in Current Liabilities NA NA NA NA
Total Current Liabilities 424.80 365.55 354.34 343.05
Long-Term Debt NA NA NA NA
Total Liabilities 472.90 414.42 400.76 386.58
Stockholder's Equity        
Minority Interest NA NA NA NA
Preferred Stock 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00
Common Stock 0.01 0.01 0.01 0.01
Retained Earnings 232.88 196.16 131.45 117.97
Treasury Stock NA NA NA NA
Total Stockholders' Equity 1,078.29 1,044.88 995.39 972.31
Total Liabilities and Stockholders' Equity 1,551.19 1,459.29 1,396.15 1,358.89

Cash Flow Summary (Millions)

Categories 6/30/2017 3/31/2017 12/31/2016 9/30/2016
Net Cash Provided by Operating Activities 110.47 47.62 80.98 59.83
Net Cash Provided by Investing Activities 36.74 -145.30 -70.01 194.36
Net Cash Provided by Financing Activities -51.24 -33.00 -37.91 -2.11

Annual Summary Data (Millions)

Year Sales Net Income EPS
12/2012560.0458.690.71
12/2013660.2164.300.78
12/2014761.65145.831.77
12/2015845.49144.021.77
12/20161,079.87189.682.33
Growth Rates17.8434.0834.59

Stock Ownership

Type Date(Q,M) No. Owners Shares Held (000s) % Own
Institutional09/30/1753865,91582.24




Report Date : 10/23/2017

Powered By Edgar Online © 2017EDGAR®Online, a division of Donnelley Financial Solutions. EDGAR® is a federally registered trademark of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EDGAR Online is not affiliated with or approved by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.